We are committed to finding solutions for the transport of all your packages. However, the safety rules inherent to air transport may lead to specificities depending on the type of goods to be shipped.
Here is a list of what cannot be handled by our freight service:
Non-standard packages depending on the dimensions of the holds.
Animals other than dogs and cats.
Dangerous goods with batteries such as:
- Hoverboards or electric Segway
- Electric scooter
- Electric skateboard
Valuables (money, official documents)
Firearms or arms of war, other than for hunting and sports. Consult special baggage
Explosives and articles presenting the risk of explosion (fireworks, distress signals, pyrotechnic devices, detonators, etc.)
Materials – liquids and gases – flammables
The Direction des Affaires Vétérinaires Alimentaires et Rurales (DAVAR) regulates the transport of bee plants and products from a phytosanitary point of view.
The transport between the islands of banana trees, coconut palms or other plants is subject to strict regulations which aim to limit the spread of diseases and parasites in the islands. See website of the www.davar.gouv.nc
For example, to eradicate the Oryctes rhinoceros beetle, any movement of coconut palms, palm trees, locally produced compost and any other breeding substrate from Grande Terre to the islands is prohibited (Article 3 of Order No. °2019-2289/GNC)
The packaging protecting your plants must be strong enough to support other packaging in the hold.
The transport of dogs and cats is possible on all Air Calédonie lines via the freight service. Other animals cannot travel on our lines.
You must inform the cargo department of the departure station as soon as possible and at least 24 hours before the departure of the flight.
On the day of the trip, the animal check-in deadline at the Freight counter is 2 hours before the flight from Monday to Saturday morning. Subject to availability on the flights, the company will make every effort to ensure that your animal can travel with you.
In order for your pet to travel, you must:
- Entrust them to our teams in a cage that meets IATA requirements Rental possible at the freight department, find out more at the Freight counter
- Find out about the necessary authorizations in order to present the documents required by the veterinary authorities on departure from Magenta and the authorization from the customary authorities of destination.
For information, a pest control certificate is required for the Isle of Pines. Find out more on the DAVAR website www.davar.gouv.nc
- Ensure the prior authorization of the Freight service beyond 30 kg
- Pay an amount of 2,000 F of specific treatment costs, per animal and in addition to the cost of transport with the “priority” option.
We recommend that you consult your veterinarian before your pet’s trip. They can provide you with advice so that your pet travels peacefully.
If the animal is aggressive or noisy, they could be refused transport.
Transport by air is strictly regulated because certain materials and certain objects present a risk for your health, your safety or that of the aircraft.
Generally, flammable liquids and gases as well as corrosive products are either prohibited from being transported, whether as freight, checked baggage or in the cabin, or regulated, i.e. they can be transported but under certain conditions.
These dangerous goods are the subject of a special declaration entailing specific costs and will be accepted according to the regulations in force. For some items, the approval of the Air Calédonie “Dangerous Goods” manager will be required for the transport of your package. We advise you to inquire with our agents as soon as possible.
If you make an inaccurate statement about the nature of your product or if our agents discover hazardous materials in one of your packages, you expose yourself to criminal prosecution. Furthermore, the goods will be immediately confiscated and will be examined by authorities.
These goods must be packaged in specific packaging that takes into account the particular risk. Also, different types of dangerous goods cannot be accepted in the same package.
List of goods which require a specific declaration and can only be transported via the freight service
- Matches and gas lighters
- Oxygen cylinders, whether empty or full
- Flammable gases. Examples: full camping refills, curling iron refills, butane, propane, acetylene…
- Empty camping stoves
- Tanks that have contained fuel such as: gasoline, kerosene, diesel or other containers that have contained liquid fuel
- Torches for dancers
- New or used engines running on liquid or gaseous fuel. Examples: brushcutters, mowers, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, boat engines, etc.
- Flammable solids. Example: barbecue lighter, self-heating dishes or drinks…
- Helium balloons
- Powder detergent for professional use
- Objects containing a magnetized/ferromagnetic mass (speakers, etc.)
- Electrical weapons (e.g. Tasers) containing dangerous elements such as explosives, compressed gases, lithium batteries, etc.
- Oxidizing materials and organic peroxides. Examples: hydrogen peroxide, chemical products for swimming pools, bleaching powder, detergents, liquid or powder fertilizers, weed killers, etc.
- Corrosive materials. Examples: batteries, battery fluids, stripping products, corrosives, acids, chlorine, bleach, etc.
- Toxic and infectious materials. Examples: pesticides, insecticides, etc.
- Flammable liquids. Examples: paint, varnish, lacquer, household products, methylated spirit, alcohol containing more than 70% alcohol by volume (70°), certain vegetable oils (monoi…), essential oils, perfumed or aromatic oils as well as all substances containing alcohol (vanilla extract, perfume, and/or concentrates) in quantities intended for professional use…
- Briefcase or saddlebags fitted with an alarm or defense device.
- Defense devices containing an irritating or incapacitating substance. Examples: aerosols based on pepper spray or tear gas.
- Radioactive materials
- Small lithium battery vehicles. Examples: mini-segway, balance-wheel, airwheel, hoverboard, etc.
- Electronic devices containing batteries or wet batteries.
Due to the special treatment and rigorous acceptance procedures for dangerous goods, a surcharge of 300 F per declaration is applied in addition to the cost of transport.
Hunting and sporting weapons are accepted on our flights, only via the freight service.
Any other type of firearm or warfare is prohibited.
The weapon and ammunition must be packed separately. You will have to present the weapon unloaded of any ammunition, deposited in a rigid case, closed hermetically.
Store ammunition in its original packaging or a suitable hard case. Make sure they are properly wedged so that they cannot bump into each other. Ammunition in bulk or in any other packaging than those mentioned above will be refused transport.
Ammunition must be 1.4S type, maximum ammunition weight per package is 25 kg. You will need to sign a specific transport declaration when checking in at the Freight counter.