We are committed to finding solutions for the transport of all your packages. However, the safety rules inherent to air transport may lead to specificities depending on the type of goods to be shipped.
Here is a non-exhaustive list list of what cannot be supported by our freight service:
- Non-standard packages depending on the dimensions of the holds. Consult the package sizes
- Animals other than dogs and cats.
- Dangerous goods with batteries such as: hoverboards or electric Segways, electric scooters, electric skateboards, electric bikes
- Valuables (money, official documents)
- Firearms or weapons of war, other than for hunting and sport.
- Explosives and articles presenting the risk of explosion (fireworks, distress signals, pyrotechnic devices, detonators, etc.)
- Materials – liquids and gases – flammable
- Combustion engines
- Mercury thermometer
- Radioactive materials
- Camping stove cartridges
- Curling iron containing hydrocarbon gases
- Chain saw
- Battery for vehicles
- Magnetic masses
- Briefcases and briefcases equipped with alarm
- Poisons and infectious substances
The Government regulates the transport of bee plants and products from a phytosanitary point of view.
The packaging protecting your plants must be strong enough to support other packaging in the hold.
The transport of plants between the islands is subject to strict regulations which aim to limit the spread of diseases and parasites on the islands. See website www.davar.gouv.nc
For example, to eradicate the Oryctes rhinoceros beetle, any movement of plant plants, compost and any other breeding substrate from Grande Terre to the islands (Loyalty Islands, Isle of Pines, Belep, Tiga) is prohibited. (see note from the Government of New Caledonia No. 2023-DAVAR-SIVAP-3474).
The transport of dogs and cats is possible on all Air Calédonie lines via the freight service. Other animals cannot travel on our lines.
You must inform the freight department at the departure station as soon as possible and at least 24 hours before the departure of the flight.
On the day of travel, the deadline for checking animals at the Freight counter is 2 hours before the flight from Monday to Saturday morning. Subject to availability on the flights, the company will make every effort to ensure that your pet can travel with you.
For your pet to travel, you must:
Entrust them to our teams in a cage that meets IATA requirements Rental possible at the freight department, inquire at the freight counter
Find out about the necessary authorizations in order to present the documents required by the veterinary authorities on departure from Magenta and the authorization from the customary authorities of destination.
For information, a pest control certificate is required for the Isle of Pines. Find out more on the DAVAR website www.davar.gouv.nc
Ensure prior authorization from the Freight department above 30 kg
Pay an amount of 2,000 F of specific treatment costs, per animal and in addition to the cost of transport with the “priority” option.
We recommend that you consult your veterinarian before your pet’s trip. They will be able to give you advice so that your pet travels peacefully.
If the animal is aggressive or noisy, it may be refused transport.
These dangerous goods are the subject of a special declaration entailing specific costs and will be accepted according to the regulations in force. For some items, the approval of the Air Calédonie “Dangerous Goods” manager will be required for the transport of your package. We advise you to inquire with our agents as soon as possible.
If you make an inaccurate statement about the nature of your product or if our agents discover hazardous materials in one of your packages, you expose yourself to criminal prosecution. Furthermore, the goods will be immediately confiscated and will be examined by authorities.
These goods must be packaged in specific packaging that takes into account the particular risk. Also, different types of dangerous goods cannot be accepted in the same package.
Non-exhaustive list of goods which require a specific declaration and can only be transported via the freight service
- The tires
- Televisions & screens: original packaging and original interior cushioning material
- The bikes: front wheel removed and attached to the frame. Bicycles & electric bikes (e-bike, scooter, VAE overboard, etc.) are prohibited from transport on our lines (baggage in the hold and via freight)
- Oxygen cylinders can be transported empty or full, provided that their weight is less than 5kg. Their transport is authorized by freight via a “Dangerous Goods” declaration.
- New tanks that have never contained fuel
- New engines that have never contained fuel
- Flammable solids.
Example: barbecue lighter, self-heating dishes or drinks…
- Helium-filled balloons via a “Dangerous Goods” declaration
- Oxidizing materials and organic peroxides via a “Dangerous Goods” declaration
Examples: hydrogen peroxide, chemical products for swimming pools, bleaching powder, detergents, liquid or powder fertilizers, weed killers, etc.
- Corrosive materials via a “Dangerous Goods” declaration.
Examples: batteries, battery fluids, stripping products, corrosives, acids, chlorine, bleach, etc.
- Toxic and infectious materials via a “Dangerous Goods” declaration
Examples: pesticides, insecticides, etc.
- Flammable liquids via a “Dangerous Goods” declaration.
Examples: paint, varnish, lacquer, household products, methylated spirits, alcohol containing more than 70% alcohol by volume (70°), certain vegetable oils (monoi, etc.), essential oils, perfumed or aromatic oils as well as all substances containing alcohol (vanilla extract, perfume, and/or concentrates) in quantities intended for professional use…
- Briefcase or saddlebags equipped with an alarm or defense device via a “Dangerous Goods” declaration
- Electronic devices containing batteries or wet batteries are authorized for certain devices depending on the power or via a “Dangerous Goods” declaration
Due to the special treatment and rigorous acceptance procedures for dangerous goods, a surcharge of 300 F per declaration is applied in addition to the cost of transport.
Hunting and sporting weapons are accepted on our flights, only via the freight service.
Any other type of firearm or warfare is prohibited.
The weapon and ammunition must be packed separately. You will have to present the weapon unloaded of any ammunition, deposited in a rigid case, closed hermetically.
Store ammunition in its original packaging or a suitable hard case. Make sure they are properly wedged so that they cannot bump into each other. Ammunition in bulk or in any other packaging than those mentioned above will be refused transport.
Ammunition must be of the 1.4S type, the maximum weight of ammunition per package is 25 kg. You will need to sign a specific transport declaration when you check in at the Fret counter.